Project Manager (Real Estate)
The Austin Revitalization Authority (ARA) is a community and economic development non-profit corporation celebrating over twenty-one years of service facilitating residential, commercial, and cultural development as well as historical preservation within the 11th and 12th Street redevelopment area. Since its inception, ARA has developed, owned, and operated over 65,000 sq. ft. of office and retail space along the 11th Street corridor. ARA has completed several historic preservation projects; both commercial and residential structures
Under general supervision, performs work on projects range from small and large commercial construction, tenant interiors projects and capital projects for single and multifamily residential properties to ground up development projects.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
• Assist the President/CEO in identifying and negotiating with Joint-venture partners.
• Participate in the design process providing budget, schedule and constructability input.
• Engage, direct and manage engineering consultants and architects as needed to complete projects.
• Review and interpret plans and specifications.
• Manage relationships and interface on a daily basis with engineers, contractors, architects and colleagues on a variety of construction projects.
• Prepare a joint-venture partner solicitation.
• Negotiate and prepare construction and consultant contracts.
• Provide day-to-day management, technical direction, supervision and coordination of construction activities.
• Review and track project invoices to ensure invoice amount aligns with adjusted contract value and work completed to date.
• Review project RFI’s and Submittals, to ensure what is being submitted aligns with client’s expectations and budget as well as to ensure responses are being submitted within required time frames.
• Develop, manage and update project schedule incorporating all phases of the project cycle
• Evaluate and negotiate partner/contractor’s pay requests and change order requests.
• When required, work with property management teams to coordinate project team access, fire alarm/sprinkler impairments, electrical service or HVAC systems disruptions, etc
• Manage multiple projects in various phases in various locations at any given time.
• Tour project sites daily during construction to ensure work in place is compliant with design documents and the progress is in alignment with presented schedules.
• Create and manage detailed project budgets. This includes tracking budget re-allocations, change orders, commitments, expenditures, forecasts and analysis on a regular basis.
• Scheduled project team and client only project meetings. Publish meeting minutes to document what was discussed and/or agreed to.
• Administer punch list and project close-out activities, including acceptance and completion of project.
• Report project status regularly to President/CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• B.S. Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Real Estate or Construction Management preferred
• 3+ years of directly related real estate project management experience managing commercial/residential real estate projects.
• High degree of professionalism with the ability to work with little supervision, handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, produce quality work and meet strict deadlines
• Demonstrates good judgment and develops common sense solutions to problems
• Strong technical fluency with residential and commercial construction systems, methods and materials
• Must work well in a fast-moving high expectation environment.
• Experience managing teams of design and construction professionals
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Office, Project and PowerPoint. CAD would be preferred but not required.
To submit your resume for this position, please email cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to: